'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Is Here, And It Is A Thing of Glory
I know we're a little late to the party on this (I think 90 percent of my Facebook feed last night was this trailer) but still, c'mon. This thing. I woke up worried it was all a wonderful dream. But it was not. HULKBUSTER ARMOR!
The first trailer wasn't due to be released until next week, when it would air during an episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. But some website leaked a low-res, pirated version, so Marvel leaned into it, first tweeting this...
Dammit, Hydra.— Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) October 22, 2014
... And then releasing the trailer, so we can watch it in glorious hi-definition.
I think I've watched it 20 times. I'm not even kidding. A couple of points worth noting.
- HULKBUSTER ARMOR!
- Lots of movies and television shows have been overusing the "kid sings over creepy/disturbing imagery" trope. This pretty much nails it, and completely demonstrates how unnerving and effective it can be.
- When James Spader was announced as the voice of Ultron I thought, "Oh, that seems like a cool idea." Hearing him in the trailer makes me think, "Holy shit that was an awesome choice."
- Did I mention HULKBUSTER ARMOR?!
- Oh, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. You might have given up on it last season, considering it was terrible. Things have really turned around—this season has been great so far!
- I love love love the first Avengers film. This feels like they're really ramping up and raising the stakes, which is exciting to see.
- This is another great example of how Marvel is completely owning DC on the silver screen. There's a lot of excitement right now about this trailer—so much I wonder if Marvel was behind the leak. Meanwhile, DC's upcoming slate of movies was released with zero pomp or flair, during a recent meeting with investors. Snore.
- Expect to see a hastily-assembled trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice soon. It's going to be too late by half.
There is only one thing that sucks about it: That part where it says the film isn't coming out until May.
Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to watch this trailer a hundred more times.
To leave a comment